Friday, February 19, 2010

Niște fotografii pentru voi

My camera has been in hibernation since my vacation a couple months ago, so I figured I would post some pictures of the pre-spring thaw that we've been having here lately. The snow is melting, and the mud is deeping, but thank goodness spring is coming! Poftim:

Water well outside my apartment.

These are the shacks where the people that live in the apartments keep their firewood, chickens, corn, etc.

I hadn't seen this debris on the side of the path for months now because of the snow. Whenever construction was being done on an apartment, they just dumped all the garbage here.

The girl in the background of this photo kept looking back at me wondering why I was stalking her taking pictures. My bad, you were in my shot.

Getting ready for planting season.

I can't tell you how many times I fell down this icy shoot during the winter. I saw one of the village drunks baby stepping down it a couple days ago, 15 minutes when I came by again he was still there teetering down.

Not so good of a road. Try running down it, not fun.

Typical Moldovan country house






Old Moldovan house behind my apartment.

Good road in town.

In queue next to the Post Office where you pay all your bills.

Old store close to the center of the village.

Wagon hitchin' spot.

"The Bread Van" that sells fresh baked break in the same spot practically everyday.

We can finally dry our clothes outside without them freezing solid!

Another wonderful view of the village from the back of my apartment.

Small house and barn close to where I live.



Nice shot of the hills.

Once again, the famous shot from my bedroom window. No more snow!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your snow has melted that much. You're living tropical down there. We're still fac-ing the sania. Devai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos, Neal. But don't be surprised if Baba Yevdokia still has another snowstorm up her sleeve for you.

    ReplyDelete